Oníricas (35) Delusions

I could find no rest, for horribles images assailed me, so vivid that I experienced actual physical sensation. I cannot say that I really saw images; they did not represent anything. Rather I felt them. It seemed that my mouth was full of birds wich I crunched between my teeth, and their feathers, their blood and broken bones were chocking me. Or I saw people whom I had entombed in milk bottles, putrefying, and I was conuming their rotting cadavers. Or I was devouring the had of a cat wich meanwhile gnawed at my vitals. It was ghastly, intolerable.

Marguerite Sechehaye, Reality Lost and Regained: Autobiography of a Schizophrenic Girl, with Analytic Interpretation, (1951), in Roy Porter (ed), The Faber Book of Madness, (London/Boston, Faber and Faber, 1993), p.133.

Comentários

Mensagens populares