Sonja TolstoyCasada com um génio: Sofia/Sonya/SonjaTolstoy (1844-1919)

"I gave birth to thirteen children on a hard-backed leather chair whilst my husband was writing his manifestos on celibacy."
"September 12, 1867. I am nothing but a miserable, crushed worm, whom no one wants, whom no one loves, a useless creature with morning sickness, and a big belly, two rotten teeth, and a bad temper, a battered sense of dignity, and a love which nobody wants and which nearly drives me insane."

December 1890. I copied Lyova's diaries up to the point where he says: "There is no love; there is only the physical need for intercourse, and the rational need for a life companion." If I had known this was his view twenty- nine years ago, I would never have married him."

Countess Sonya Tolstoy, Diary 1862-91


Comentários

Mensagens populares